Data is what drives the research, trading, and our high performance at VivCourt; it can be metrics that track overall system health; it can be fine grained tracing events deep within our trading systems. The Data Operations team within VivCourt exists as the stewards of this, the heart of our business, handling our metrics, our events, and our audit trails.
As an engineer in the team, you will be responsible for the capture, retention, and delivery of our data by:
- Defining and implementing policies around how we manage our data
- Developing and supporting a bespoke set of tools and processes to help us build our data pipelines
- Communicating and collaborating with all departments to get the business the information it needs
- Participating in the peer reviewed design and development of our ecosystem
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A generalist and pragmatic mindset and a willingness to work with different technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience in at least one of Python, C++, or Go.
- Competitive market salary with the potential for a generous industry level bonus
- Significant social sector bonus that you donate to the cause closest to your heart
- Flat company structure with great potential for your personal growth and development within the organisation
- Work in a relaxed and supportive team-based environment, weekend company trip and much more
- Additional leave allowance corresponding to time served in the company
VivCourt is a global trading business that measures its success in a radically different way. By ensuring your development and happiness, our profits grow, and you and the business can donate ever increasing amounts to the social sector. In the last 3 years, we have generated close to $20,000,000 of charitable money.
HOW WE DO WHAT WE DO
We have replaced the shareholder with a charitable trust. Our metrics for success are employee satisfaction and how much we can donate to the social sector. Profit is a by-product of our business rather than the goal. By focusing on the growth and development of our employees, we create the best possible work environment, ensuring we are a company where success and profits are sustainable, leading to a business that can act according to its conscience and a purpose greater than itself