Vivienne Court is an emerging proprietary trading company that operates in markets across the globe. Our main trading floor is in Sydney, our Energy trading business is in Brisbane with representation in other Australian and international locations. This opportunity exists for a Graduate Trader to become an integral member of the Energy team located in the Brisbane office.
This role provides a unique opportunity to an aspiring trader to learn and excel in energy commodity markets across the globe. You will be exposed to markets such as power, gas, carbon, and oil. You will be part of the broader graduate training program at Vivienne. Reporting to the Head of Energy, you will be part of a growing team looking to expand into new energy markets across Asia.
- Undertake a month-long graduate trader induction class in Sydney.
- Climb a steep learning curve in trading and commodity markets to become a vital part of the Energy team as soon as possible.
- Trade through the ASX24 in products relating to Australian Power, Gas and New Zealand Power
- Analyse existing data to improve our current trading strategies.
- Maintain relationships with brokers and counterparties across Australia and New Zealand
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Essential skills include:
- Recent graduate, with strong mathematical skills
- Intermediate – Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrable interest in trading and an eagerness to learn
- Strong pattern recognition aptitude
- Excellent logical reasoning and strong performance under pressure
- Critical thinking and eye to detail
- Eagerness to work within a team
- Willingness to work flexible hours including, at times, public holidays
Desirable skills include:
- Experience in Python and/or R
- Experience in C/C++
- Understanding of Financial Products
Only Australian permanent residents and citizens can be considered for the role.
HOW WE DO WHAT WE DO
We have replaced the shareholder with a charitable trust and our metric for success is employee satisfaction and how much we can donate to the social sector. Profit is a by-product of our business rather than the goal. By focusing on the growth and development of our employees we create the best possible work environment, ensuring a company where success and profits are sustainable, leading to a business that can act according to its conscience and a purpose greater than itself.